This world can get pretty hectic at times. It’s hard to take a moment and realize how truly good, life is. But that’s not the actual truth! It’s easy! You can train your brain to choose happiness! Here are our 10 steps:
1. Realize your blessings: Understand that you live an extremely rare life, completely original to you. Don’t forget that you have the freedom to CHOOSE! The power to choose what you want to wear, how you want to live, where you want to work, etc. (to an extent) is such a blessing! Let’s not forget all the people around you wanting to see you succeed!
2. SMILE! It may sound a little cheesy, but this actually helps improve your mood! Try it next time you get upset. Instead of getting all worked up, realize where you are, who you are, take a couple of breaths, and smile! I guarantee you will feel measurably better.
3. Speak affirmations into your life (daily)!: Affirmations are positive thoughts followed by affirmative beliefs and personal statements of truth. They are used to be recited in the first person, (“I am…”). Affirmations, used daily, can build confidence, release stress, and improve your own outlook!
4. Wake up with ambition!: Every day holds new opportunities for you to see. Wake up just a little bit early, and establish a meaningful morning routine. Start each day on your own terms. The following hours will thank you for it.
5. Restrain yourself from complaining: Not every day can be filled with butterflies and rainbows. However, The next time you want to lash out in the form of verbal complaint towards a person, a situation, or yourself, don’t. Instead, choose to humbly keep it to yourself. You’ll likely diffuse an unhealthy, unhappy environment. But more than that, you’ll experience joy by choosing peace in a more challenging situation.
6. Accomplish one important project: We all have one or a couple of things swaying in the back of our mind. Push yourself to actually get started on it! Happy people don’t make decisions based on a need to pursue joy. Instead, they live out of the satisfaction they have already chosen. Choose one important task that you can accomplish each day, and find joy in your contribution.
7. Practice life-altering discipline: There are happiness and fulfillment to be found in personal growth. One of the most satisfying feelings you’ll ever experience is to know that you have intentionally devoted time and energy to personal improvement. Embrace the act of self-discipline each day! This could be found in all different ways like exercise, budgeting, or guided-learning… whatever your life needs today to continue growing. Find it, practice it, and celebrate it!
8. Eat a healthy snack/meal: One aspect always influences the others. For example, our physical bodies will always have an impact on our emotional and spiritual well-being. Therefore, maintaining care for our physical well-being can have a significant benefit for our emotional placement! One simple action to choose happiness today is to eat healthy foods. Your physical body and following emotions will thank you!
9. Look for the benefits from your past: Most people like to “forget the past,” but we say dig in there! This life can be difficult when no one can escape without pain. At some point—in some way—we all encounter it. Just know that when you do, remind yourself again that the trials may be difficult, but they will pass eventually! Search deep to find meaning in the pain. Choose to look for the benefits that can be found in your trial. At the very least, perseverance is being built, and most likely, the skill to comfort others in their pain is also being developed.
10. Meditate: The world today runs quite fast. Take some scheduled time out of your day to escape reality to get in touch with, and revive your spirit. Find time alone in solitude. As our world increases in speed and noise, the ability to withdraw becomes even rarer. Take time to make time, and use meditation to search inward, connect spiritually, and improve your happiness today!
M., Marie, M., E., Troof, D., H., B., . . . C. (2017, February 26). 12 Intentional Actions to Choose Happiness Today. Retrieved from https://www.becomingminimalist.com/choose-happy/