San Diego is known for its beautiful beaches, stunning coastline, and perfect weather, making it an ideal destination for water-based activities. Here are some of the best things to do on the water in San Diego:
- Surfing: San Diego has some of the best surfing spots in Southern California. Beginners can take lessons at La Jolla Shores, while advanced surfers can hit up the more challenging breaks at Black’s Beach or Sunset Cliffs.
- Whale watching: San Diego is one of the best places to see whales in the world. You can take a tour from the San Diego Bay or the La Jolla Cove to see gray whales, blue whales, and humpback whales.
- Kayaking: San Diego’s calm bays and lagoons make for a perfect place to kayak. You can explore the La Jolla Sea Caves or paddle through Mission Bay.
- Stand-up paddleboarding: Stand-up paddleboarding has become increasingly popular in San Diego. You can rent a board and paddle around the calm waters of Mission Bay or La Jolla Cove.
- Jet skiing: If you’re looking for a thrill, jet skiing on the San Diego Bay is a must. You can rent a jet ski and explore the bay, taking in the skyline of downtown San Diego.
- Fishing: San Diego’s deep-sea fishing charters are some of the best in the world. You can catch everything from tuna to marlin, and some charters even offer whale watching as part of the trip.
- Sailing: San Diego’s mild weather and constant breeze make it an ideal location for sailing. You can rent a sailboat or take a guided tour around the bay or out to sea.
These are just a few of the many water-based activities you can enjoy in San Diego. With its perfect weather and stunning coastline, there’s something for everyone.