1. Meditate (take *YOU* time) – Take a couple minutes out of each day and spend it in peace and quiet. It’s easiest if you designate a specific area in your house to meditate. Clear your mind and try not to get distracted. Be at one with yourself and feel the peace consume you.
2. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff – Remember that some things are going to be out of your control. Even if things don’t go according to plan, don’t stress. Just roll with the punches.
3. Stay Hydrated – The human body is roughly 60% water, making water vital for life. It helps to maintain the balance of body fluids and clarifies your mind. Invest in a good water bottle that you carry around each day. It will help to remind you to drink water throughout the day, and refill it as soon as it’s empty. What do you have to lose, start each day with a glass of water!
4. Eat a Well Balanced Diet – Finding balance in all aspects of life is crucial and a well-balanced diet will contribute to living a stress-fee life. Don’t pay attention to fad diets, typically, they are not life changing and only last for a certain period of time. Consume foods from all food groups and eat all the colors of the rainbow. Moderation is the key. You don’t need to completely limit yourself of all good things. Nourish your body and your body will nourish your soul.
5. Exercise Daily – “Get Moving to Manage Stress”. Exercise does the body good; it pumps up your endorphins and will improve your mood. Rather than telling yourself you don’t have time to exercise, FIND TIME to exercise. It’s like meditation in motion; find your happy place that will keep you coming back for more. Before you know it, exercise will take a priority in your life.
6. Laugh Often – Laughter is a great relief from stress, and that’s no joke! Similar to exercise, laughter releases endorphins, which are feel-good brain chemicals that are also known to reduce pain. Laughter is contagious, so spread your infectious giggle. Spend more time smiling and less time frowning.
7. Stay Organized – Organization can be a big factor for living a stress-free life. It’s nice when you’re in need of something and it is in the first place you look. File important items, scan them and keep digital records, or keep a day planner to organize daily tasks. Whatever it may be, find what works for you and stick with it. It’s incredible how much free time you will have because of less time you will spend searching.
Stay Happy and Stay Healthy.
We’ll Sail You Soon!